By Donna Seebo ©January 6, 2010
International Mental Practitioner/Psychic, Counselor, Teacher, Minister, Award-Winning Author and Talk Show Host of “The Donna Seebo Show”
Heard ‘live’ weekdays on http://www.BBSRadio.com ,Station One, 3-4pm, Pacific Time.
I was asked by Monique to write a short article regarding how to avoid psychic scammers/frauds.
My background as a psychic, researcher, student, minister and professional counselor in the metaphysical/ psychic arena covers over 40 years of experience. I do not claim to know everything regarding the psychic area but I can share with you my perception at this point in time.
Usually we seek out a psychic when we are in difficult or traumatic circumstances. We are confused, seeking answers to help us with clarity, understanding and hopefully gain insights into our life. We seek hope. We ask questions; Is there reason for this agony in my life? Is there life after death? Can I communicate with love ones? The list of questions is infinite and individual in need.
I would like to make some points of information:
1. Everyone of us has a level of intuition. It is stronger in some than others. Like any skill it can be cultivated and developed. Every culture in the world has their seers/shamens.
2. A good psychic is an information resource. At no time should you turn over your decision making to another person. Your mind, your life, belongs to you. When you visit a psychic understand their mind skills are a tool to utilize with thoughtful examination.
3. A professional will have a fee for their time and won’t have any thing tagged on like ‘must buy candles, herbs or other stuff’.
Now that I have brought forward these points let’s see if I can help you address the question of how do you evaluate a psychic?
1. How does the individual present themselves? Do they ask for lots of personal information in advance? Do they have a good reputation? What specific skills do they focus on? What tools do they use? These are points of evaluation you should consider. A psychic is not a one size fits all person. Some may have skills relating to finding lost person’s or psychometry, or communicating with people who have passed on or be a medical intuitive. There are many different ways psychic ability can be demonstrated and utilized. Also, a psychic does not know all, see all or tell all. This is a false perception many people have because of myths developed through the years and portrayals in movie and television.
2. How do you find a psychic? Usually a reference by a friend starts you off. Be prepared if the individual is a professional there will be a fee. You also can attend psychic fairs and functions that enable you to meet lots of talented people in a good and safe environment. You also may find that a friend who is starting to develop their skills will be an introduction to the psychic development process and will want you to help them out by practicing with you.
Psychic fairs, I feel, along with other events that may evolve in your area are a great way to explore different modalities. The fees are very reasonable and you’ll find the people who participate are usually happy to share their stories and take time to talk with you about how they discovered their talents. Be curious, ask questions. Be willing to explore new concepts, new ideas.
1. The most important and biggest learning point is – TRUST – trust your own intuition. Trusting yourself, your feeling takes time. Listen to your intuitive sense when you are seeking out a psychic. There will be a harmonic empathy between you and that individual that will be felt almost immediately. You’ll also know when that empathy isn’t there. By encountering different people in different environments and utilizing their talents you’ll find what fits you best.
2. Be alert to a psychic to starts off by asking you a lot of questions instead of them telling you what they perceive about you. A red flag of caution should rise in your mind. Remember they are to provide you with information not the other way around.
3. Do make notes or tape the session(s) you have with psychics. Remember too that there is no space or time in the Universe and sometimes events and conditions are perceived with no time frames. Documenting the information will prove useful for review at a later time.
Are there frauds in the psychic area? Of course there are but no more than in any other area of expertise. I would like to encourage you to have fun and enjoy your exploration of interacting with the different expressions of psychic talent as the process will enable you to pay attention to your own psychic abilities . This exploration will open up your life to a whole new liberating perspective of life and its purpose.
Enjoy your journey and remember always:
“You are the Master of Your Fate and the Captain of Your Soul”
Sincere blessing and best wishes,
Donna Seebo http://www.delphiinternational.com